Monday, January 09, 2006

I know, I know...

...I haven't posted in ten years. I know. I'm sorry. I love that you keep asking me to, and I realize that I'd have more 'fans' if I posted more often, but these goddamn holidays really did throw me for a loop this year, and I didn't want to write daily "fuck the world" posts. See, anger is funny when it's at least a little bit rational, but my anger lately was kind of hard to explain. Let's just say that about a week ago, I was ready to burn Santa in effigy. But I'm fine now. A little drowsy from the meds, but fine.

Not that there weren't amusing things that happened over the last few weeks. My best accomplishment? I fell on the dishwasher. You may be wondering how that is possible. I'll leave it to your imagination, but will tell you that after an ice pack and a $79 service call, everything's back to normal. The silverware basket's a little bent, but you can't turn back time.

I did come across a beautiful little nugget in the Middletown Transcript last week that I'm pleased as punch to share with you. The scan might be a little hard to read, but you can click on it to enlarge. Nevertheless, enjoy:

No comments: