Wednesday, June 14, 2006

what I've been doing for the past three hours

One of my favorite blogs out here on the interweb is FourFour. It encompasses two of my favorite things: Irrational, obsessive love of one's cat(s) and the irrational, obsessive celebration of pop culture. I particularly adore FourFour's recaps of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway.

Today, FourFour gave me another gift: A link to a bunch of uploads on YouTube of some local talent show from the 70's and 80's, Stairway to Stardom. I swear, you guys, this shit is GOLD. It's basically Star Search on public access, and that's just as phenomenal as you'd think it would be.

I was going to link to a bunch of my favorites, but the list was getting really long. So, I decided just to link to two, because I think they really embody the desperate fame-seeking mediocrity, (well, mediocrity is being kind), of the people on this show, not to mention really tapping into the zeitgeist of 1980's America. Okay, that last part was bullshit -- they're just really funny:

  • Ms. Precious Taft giving a reading of...something. (Make sure you watch until the very end.)
  • Ms. Lucille Cataldo performing her original composition, "Hairdresser, Hairdresser."

You're welcome.

No comments: